Thursday, September 27, 2012

Faith

Faith
Inchy
Mixed Medium

Faith was created while thinking of it's definition per Merriam-Webster:  
1
a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty
b (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions
2
a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust
3
: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>
on faith
: without question <took everything he said on faith>
Since I was attaching it to the back of a postcard, I was thinking of the third meaning. I exchange postcards with a Facebook friend and fellow artist with an encouraging method. We exchange with inspiration from our faith. Our hope is that the articles will touch and bless each person that handles our correspondence, spiritually without their knowledge.  They are sent with prayers and encouragement not only to each receiver but also all eyes and hands that become a part of this transaction.
This is my favorite task with my lovely friend, Elizabeth. After placing my postcard in the mailbox, my mind begins it's ritual of thinking what the next scripture and/or design will be. This helps as one more reason to keep my eyes on what is most important in my life, my faith in God and His Son, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment