Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday Morning Sketch 12/12/2014



Untitled
~Charcoal on newsprint

I'm missing something. Well, it feels like I am. I haven't been able to hide in my studio to actually sketch 'out of the blue'. It seems that I've been stuck on collaging, postcards and ATC's. I really can't think of anything in a messy studio. So I stepped out...on a small table with just some rolled up newsprint I had from one of my classes, a charcoal pencil, my kneaded eraser and my favorite tool...my fingers.

Flowers with petals have been one of my favorite to draw or include in my artwork. It keeps my memory attached to the warmth of spring and summer days. The SUNFLOWER...

My fingers are cold, and my lap needing a blanket...If I was alone, I'd pack up and leave for warmer climate...with just a small suitcase of necessary art supplies. Yeah-yeah-yeah! Who am I kidding?!?! I'm a chicken! My name says it all...Nydia...'child of the nest'...I'd have to pack my nest too! Ahahahaha!

I love my family and could never leave their side! I would have to beg for them to accompany me!

Hoping everyone's holidays are sweet for them...Merry Christmas everyone!





1 comment: